Summer is Here

Dear Ones,

Summer is most definitely here. This will be my third summer in Florida and I am pleased to say I think I've adapted to the heat....somewhat! As every summer I will spend a few weeks at our home in New York. I am leaving for New York on June 30. Richard will follow two weeks later. My cousin is flying here from New York and we will drive back together. I plan on seeing friends along the way and will stop to visit the AME Congregation in South Carolina. It's an important stop for me. I simply must bare witness to this racist tragedy and worship and mourn with its people. 

I will likely return earlier than planned, as I always do. I am one to recognize when I've had enough vacation and move on. I know that it has a been a joy for the last couple of years to return to the beaches and the home we've made in Florida. I do love it here.

In my absence please do email me or call my cell phone if something big is happening or you find yourself struggling. Its no bother. The Rev. Kenneth Claus is covering for me this summer and is on call. If you need Rev. Ken please call the office to get his contact info. He's a delightful and no-nonsense minister. I know he will take care of you. 

I will be sure to send a letter each month to the Congregation. I'm reminded of each of you over the summer when I'm browsing in book stores and see a certain title, sitting with art or watching a film that I know you would love, and many other reminders. I am returning to the pulpit September 6, the official beginning of our church year. I am excited for all that we have planned for you. An exciting music program, multigenerational programming, new child and youth programs-watch for the printed brochures this week!.

We've also hired a new Nursery Staff/Teacher. Her name is Regina Baez and you will be impressed with her. Regina and her children might volunteer at the Feeding Frenzy this Saturday. Please make her feel welcome. She will be in the nursery every Sunday over the summer. What a year we will have. Until then do show up on Sundays -- there is a diverse music program and diverse speakers. 

Personnel email addresses will change effective July 1, 2015:
Rev. CJ McGregor, minister                         ministeruupb@gmail.com
Barbara Hatzfeld, office administrator         uniuni2@att.net (NO CHANGE)
Beth Mathews, Child and Youth Programs     cypuupb@gmail.com
Willie Nelson, sexton                                  sextonuupb@gmail.com
Regina Baez, nursery staff/teacher              nurseryuupb@gmail.org
Music Staff TBD                                          musicuupb@gmail.com

We will also begin using a new letterhead on July 1, 2015.  I've attached a copy.  Be sure to look top to bottom.  Maybe its just me who gets excited by such things...but you should be aware. Thank you Larry Stauber for the art.

My summer contact info:
cell  508.736.3361
email  ministeruupb@gmail.com

Be safe.  Be Cool.  Blessings to you.  Rev. CJ


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January 2016

Individuality or Greater Community?

June 2014