I gave those assembled a call to action related to advocacy for sensible gun policy during our service on Sunday. I'm grateful the message was well received. I know you're waiting to hear some of what you might do to answer this call. I've listed a few things here for us and others:
1. Watch how your Senator votes today, Monday, June 20th. Go to http://nyti.ms/28Iglmi or other sites for more information. Advocate accordingly.
2. Lobby County Commissioners for local policy changes. Go to pbcgov.com
3. Join the Palm Beach County Progressive Roundtable. We don't have to reinvent the wheel. This group makes sure all progressive grassroots organizations are collaborative in advocacy.
4. Support organizations with our progressive values.
5. Volunteer in campaigns that bring the best candidates to the White House, the Senate, and Congress.
6. Lobby Congressman Patrick Murphy.
2000 PGA Blvd. Suite A3220 Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33408 phone 561.253.8433 Fax 561.253.8436
7. Join The Coalition to Stop Gun Violence on Facebook
8. Watch for upcoming speakers and events in our congregation.
If you are not online simply call our office for printed information related to the websites above.
Go to http://www.lwvwa.org/pdfs/lobby_your_legislator
to learn about how to lobby your legislator.
Blessings, Rev. CJ